As your business grows, there might come a time when you feel like you’re wrestling with a many-headed monster. You know what we’re talking about – customer service.
What is Outsourcing Customer Service?
You’ve heard of the term ‘outsourcing,’ but what does it mean in this context? In simple terms, outsourcing customer service is when you hand over your customer service tasks to another company. This lets you have more time to concentrate on what you’re good at.
However, there are a few things you might be unsure about. What are the pros and cons? How do you pick the right company to outsource to? And how can you be sure it’s the right decision for your business?
Stick with us as we answer these questions and more, giving you the information you need to tackle your business hurdles.
What is Outsourcing Customer Service?
When we talk about outsourcing customer service, we’re talking about handing over the reins of your customer interactions to an external company. This often happens in call centres, which have become a go-to option for many businesses looking to outsource their customer service.
So, why would a business want to do this? Well, a study from PWC found that a whopping 73% of consumers place a lot of weight on customer experience when buying something. This underscores just how crucial good customer service is. By outsourcing, a business can focus on delivering this high-quality experience, without the extra stress and cost.
But, like anything, there are things to think about before you jump in. For instance, an external team mightn’t know your products inside out, which could affect customer satisfaction. And then there’s the question of security. Plus, it can be pricey to train new staff. So, there’s a balance to strike.
Checkout our listed,Top 7 Customer Service Software Solutions for Enhanced Support in 2024
Types of customer service outsourcing?
Alright, let’s chat about the different ways you can outsource your customer service.
There’s a whole spectrum of options, from contracting agencies to bringing on board individual agents, and even using a pay-per-ticket model.
Each of these options has its unique pros and cons that can guide your decision, according to what your business needs most.
Outsourcing your customer service? It’s not a crazy idea, not at all. It’s a smart move! Agencies are out there, and they’re ready to take on the heavy lifting. They offer a variety of services, from manning the phones to handling all those emails and even chat support. The best part is, they’re experts in dealing with customers. This means you can shift your attention to other parts of your business.
Before you jump in, there are a few things to think about. Check out the variety of services the agencies offer. Can they handle what you need? Find out their history in customer support outsourcing. Do they have a good reputation? Look into their speciality industries. Do they know your field? And don’t forget about language barriers. Can they handle multiple languages?
✅ Individual agents
Let’s talk about the benefits of outsourcing customer service to individual agents. These aren’t just random people, they’re dedicated representatives who get your brand. They’re there for your customers, providing a personal touch that can deepen relationships.
You see, these guys are flexible. They can work remotely or through specialized agencies. They can adapt to what you need and give your customers a consistent, personalized experience.
✅ Pay-per-ticket customer service
The pay-per-ticket system in customer service is an interesting concept, don’t you think? It’s all about paying only for each customer query that your service provider addresses. This approach can be a great way to keep your customer service strategy both flexible and affordable.
Here’s the neat thing – you’re charged only for the actual customer interactions. This not only helps with budgeting but also motivates the service providers to solve problems quickly.
What’s more, it’s a model that can easily adapt to the ebb and flow of your business. Busy season? No problem. The pay-per-ticket model can scale up with your needs. And if things slow down, you’re not stuck paying for services you don’t need.
In a nutshell, if your business experiences varying amounts of customer support needs, this could be the perfect fit. It’s all about finding a solution that works best for you and your business.
How to choose the best customer support outsourcing service?
Choosing the best customer support outsourcing service involves several key considerations to ensure that the partnership enhances your customer service quality and aligns with your business needs. Here are the steps to guide your selection process:
- Industry Knowledge: Opt for a service that understands your sector and has experience meeting specific customer service demands within your industry.
- Technological Capabilities: Confirm that the outsourcing provider has access to advanced technological tools necessary for delivering efficient customer service.
- Review SLAs: Carefully examine the Service Level Agreements to ensure they align with your business objectives and reflect the quality of service you expect.
- Service Diversity: Consider the variety of customer service outsourcing options available and choose one that fits your company’s needs and goals.
By following these steps, you can make a well-informed decision in choosing an outsourcing partner that will provide value and enhance your customer service experience.
Is Outsourcing Customer Service Worth Trying?
We’re all wondering the same thing, right? Is it genuinely worth it to outsource customer service? Just like most things in the business world, there are pluses and minuses to consider.
Let’s start with the good stuff. Outsourcing customer service can be a real money-saver, especially for businesses that can’t shell out for a full-time, on-site team. Plus, it’s a great way to keep your service running around the clock, and you’ll be bringing in experts who know a thing or two about resolving customer issues.
But hey, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows. There are some downsides to consider. For one, making sure quality stays up to scratch can be a bit of a headache. Then there’s the issue of security and the risk of a mismatch between your brand’s tone and the outsourced team’s approach.
So, should you give outsourcing customer service a shot? Here are some points that might tip the scales:
- It’s a great way to save on expenses.
- You get to tap into the expertise of customer service pros.
- It frees you up to concentrate on what your business does best.
- It gives you access to the latest and greatest in customer service tech.
But remember, it’s all about finding the right balance between the good and the bad. At the end of the day, what’s best for your business depends on your unique needs and situation.
What are the top customer service outsourcing options?
Have you been scratching your head over the best ways to outsource your customer service? Let me break it down for you.
First up, we’ve agencies. You know, those big companies that have a ready-to-go team of experts who live and breathe customer service. They’ve got everything you need, from a fully-equipped contact centre to a well-oiled call centre. It’s like a one-stop shop for all your customer service needs.
Then there’s the option of hiring individuals. This is pretty cool if you prefer to handpick who’s going to interact with your customers. Plus, these folks can either work from home or your office, giving you the flexibility to tailor the service to your liking.
Lastly, there’s the pay-per-ticket route. This is a smart choice if you’re running a small business and keeping an eye on the budget. You only cough up the cash when a service is provided. It’s a win-win for everyone.
Pros and Cons of Customer Service Outsourcing
Pros of Outsourcing Customer Service:
- Cost Savings: Outsourcing can be more affordable than maintaining an in-house team.
- 24/7 Support: Provides round-the-clock assistance to customers, including weekends.
- Multilingual Support: Offers help in multiple languages, expanding your customer base reach.
- Less Management Required: Reduces the burden of managing a customer service department.
Cons of Outsourcing Customer Service:
- Potential for Lower Quality: Cost-cutting measures by the outsourcing company may lead to compromised service levels.
- Cultural Mismatch: An external team might not align with your company’s culture and ethos.
- Lack of Brand Connection: Outsourced agents might not fully grasp or embody your brand’s strategy and values.
How to tell if you should outsource your customer service?
- Assess Team Capacity: Determine if your current team is overwhelmed by customer service demands.
- Evaluate Costs: Compare the expenses of maintaining an in-house customer service department versus outsourcing.
- Consider Customer Needs: Identify if your diverse customer base requires 24/7 support or multilingual assistance.
- Quality of Service: Ensure that the level of customer service won’t be compromised by outsourcing.
- Expertise and Technology: Think about whether outsourcing offers access to expert knowledge and technology that might be too expensive to develop in-house.
Conclusion: Desku at Rescue For Customer Service Operations!
Desku is an AI-equipped help desk customer support platform, that helps to get the customer queries at one place seamlessly. With the AI operations and features of Desku, customers can be managed easily with the various in-built features like shared inbox, live chat, no-code chatbot builder, knowledge base, various multiple integrations and much more.
Desku is quiet an affordable customer service help desk platform that helps to grow the customer engagement and solving customer queries with an ease.
Try out Desku for the customer service operations in your business.