What is Freshdesk?
Freshdesk is the big name when it comes to the “helpdesk” customer support platform. But is the big name worth availing in terms of the cloud-based software arena, handling client interactions from all corners?
What makes Freshdesk stand out are its automation features. They can organize your tasks and workflows like pros. But wait, before you jump on board, let’s take a closer look.
Above everything, Desku is considered to be the best Freshdesk alternative, because Freshdesk is not for everyone! Especially, small businesses cannot afford Freshdesk as it is too much overwhelming and unaffordable.
You are an e-commerce business and thinking of availing of Freshdesk? Do not go for it! This blog will let you know everything about Freshdesk [Features and its pros + cons]
Let’s dive in!
- Exploring Freshdesk: A leading cloud-based customer support solution covering email, chat, and phone interactions.
- Automation Capabilities: Acts as a personal assistant for managing tasks and workflows efficiently.
- Considerations Required: While Freshdesk offers notable benefits, it’s essential to examine its pros, cons, and overall suitability for your business needs.
- Objective Analysis: Our goal is to provide a concise overview to help determine if Freshdesk aligns with your business requirements.
What is Freshdesk?
Freshdesk is a popular customer support software that operates in the cloud. It’s known for being a real game-changer when it comes to smart automation and providing help desk support on multiple channels. But what else should you know about it?
At its core, Freshdesk is a do-it-all customer service tool that makes your business’s support queries simple by using an advanced ticketing system.
With Freshdesk, handling customer interactions becomes a breeze, no matter if they’re on chat, email, phone, or even social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. And the best part? Its cloud-based functionality lets you use it from any location, ensuring your customer support remains consistent and uninterrupted.
Freshdesk offers an impressive array of productivity tools and helpdesk management features. For example, it offers scenario automation to deal with tickets quicker, SSL certificates for secure communications, and it can be integrated with Freshsales and Fresh release for added functionality.
But as with anything, Freshdesk isn’t without its faults. There are some restrictions on automation rules and its dashboard isn’t quite up to scratch on lower-tier plans. However, the overall package that this cloud-based customer service software provides makes it a strong contender for businesses aiming to improve their customer support.
Freshdesk Features: Overview
As we delve deeper into Freshdesk, we come across a variety of functions it offers.
From a wide spectrum of support channels to numerous tools to boost productivity, Freshdesk is packed with features to streamline your helpdesk operations.
Not to forget, it’s also equipped with self-help options and detailed reporting tools to further enhance the customer support experience.
|Freshdesk Feature List
|Ticketing Made Easy
|Prioritize, categorize, and assign tickets so you never lose track of customer requests.
|A single place to track and manage incoming support tickets from multiple channels.
|Agent Collision Detection
|Prevents more than one agent from working on the same ticket by accident.
|Set deadlines for responding to and resolving tickets, varying by business hours or ticket categories.
|Ticket Field Suggester
|Helps automatically suggest categories for tickets to help organize and prioritize them.
|Thank You Detector
|Keeps tickets from reopening when customers reply with a “thank you.”
|Custom Ticket Status
|Create statuses that match your workflow, showing what stage each ticket is in.
|Lets you do several actions on a ticket with just one click, making repetitive tasks easier.
|Save replies to common questions so you can answer faster and keep your answers consistent.
|Work with your team or outside experts to solve customer problems quickly.
|Manage communications from email, phone, chat, social media, and more in one place
|Automatically assign tickets to the right agent or group and set up actions triggered by time or events.
|Help customers find answers themselves with a knowledge base and forums, reducing the need for direct contact.
|Use reports to see how your support team is doing, measure customer satisfaction, and more.
1. Support Channels
Freshdesk knows how important it is to meet customers where they’re at. That’s why they’ve created a bunch of different ways for you to get in touch. Fancy a chat? They’ve got a chat feature that’s perfect for getting quick answers in real-time. More of an email person? No problem, they’ve got that covered too.
But it doesn’t stop there. Maybe you’re scrolling through Twitter or Facebook and you need some help. Guess what? You can get in touch with them directly through those platforms too. It’s all part of their commitment to making sure you’re supported, no matter how you choose to communicate.
The bottom line is, that Freshdesk is all about flexibility and convenience. They understand that everyone has their preferred way of doing things, and they’re committed to accommodating that. This focus on customer service is what makes them a top pick for businesses looking to elevate their customer support game.
2. Productivity Hacks
Productivity is key in any business operation, and having the right tools makes all the difference. This is where Freshdesk comes into play. It’s packed with features that make your customer support tasks a breeze.
Imagine having a solid helpdesk ticketing system that takes care of all the heavy lifting for you. It’s like having a personal assistant that handles all the smart automations to keep your processes smooth and efficient.
Think of tasks such as managing tags, dispatching, sending automated emails, creating canned responses, and even customizing your help desk – they all become effortless. And that’s not all. There are also features like public and private notes in tickets and a team inbox that are designed to make your team’s work easier and more efficient.
But what about making informed decisions for your business? Freshdesk has you covered there too. It comes with a default dashboard and Freshdesk analytics that provide crucial data to guide your decision-making process and help you improve your operations.
3. Helpdesk Management
Freshdesk is your go-to for a smooth helpdesk management experience. The best part? It’s based in the cloud, so you can handle your support tickets with ease and efficiency.
Here’s what you get with Freshdesk:
- Your support team gets a single dashboard that lets them keep an eye on and sort out issues smoothly.
- The ticket management system ensures not a single customer issue is missed or forgotten.
- Your customer support team can work together on tricky issues with Freshdesk, leading to quicker resolution times.
- Freshdesk plays well with other tools, so you can build a fully linked support network.
- Being in the cloud means your helpdesk is always on hand, no matter where you are. This boosts flexibility and keeps your customers happy.
In short, Freshdesk makes managing your helpdesk feel like a walk in the park.
You know, Freshdesk’s self-service features come into their own when you consider how easy they make helpdesk management. These features give power to the customer, allowing them to find solutions on their own. It’s all part of this incredible cloud-based customer service package which includes things like a customer portal and articles in a knowledge base.
This means customers can find their answers, which cuts down on the need for them to contact support. All this leads to fewer support tickets and happier customers.
When you’re thinking about the cost of Freshdesk, it’s crucial to remember the value of these self-service tools. They’re not just saving your team time, but your customers’ time too. Plus, they’re taking the strain off your support staff.
5. Reporting and Analytics
Taking a closer look at Freshdesk’s reporting features, you’ll find an incredibly strong system. This includes a standard dashboard and Freshdesk analytics, which are essential for keeping an eye on ticket and agent performances. This function of Freshdesk changes the game, giving you the capability to watch and measure the effectiveness and productivity of your support ticket system.
- Tailored dashboards: You can make your Freshdesk data review your own by creating dashboards that meet your specific requirements.
- Evaluating tickets: Keep an eye on ticket categories and status with comprehensive reports.
- Monitoring agent performance: Use Freshdesk analytics to keep an eye on and evaluate your agents’ performance.
- Preventing repeat tickets: Study ticket history to spot patterns and make improvements.
- Advanced search: With Freshdesk, you can easily sift through and search old tickets using keywords, agents, or specific time frames.
These reporting features turn Freshdesk into an incredible asset for any customer support team.
Freshdesk Pricing + Addons
So, you’re thinking about Freshdesk, huh? Well, let’s talk about the bang you’ll get for your buck. They’ve got five different pricing plans, each with its unique features to suit your business needs.
|Freshdesk Pricing Plan
|Pricing (Annual Plan)
Freshdesk Pricing Plan in Detail [Features Including]
For: Up to 10 agents
- Integrated ticketing across email and social
- Ticket Dispatch
- Knowledge Base
- Ticket Trend Report
- Out-of-the-box analytics and reporting
- Choose your data center location
- Team collaboration
- 24×7 email support
Annual Cost: $12.03/agent/month
- Everything from Free, plus:
- Collision Detection
- 1000+ marketplace apps
- In-depth helpdesk report
- SLA management & business hours
- Custom Email Server
- Custom Ticket Views
- Custom ticket fields & status
- Custom SSL
- Track time spent by agents on tickets
- 24×5 phone support
Annual Cost: $43.3 /agent/month
- Everything in Growth, plus:
- Multiple products
- Includes up to 5000 Collaborators
- Round-robin routing
- Custom Roles
- Custom objects
- Custom Reports and Dashboards
- Segment customers for personalized support
- Customer journey tracking
- Canned forms
- Manage versions in the knowledge base
- Community forums
- Extendable API Limits
- CSAT surveys & reports
- Multiple SLA policies & business hours
- SLA reminder & escalation
- Multilingual knowledge base
- Custom apps
- Average Handling Time (AHT)
- Custom Metrics
- Report Sharing
Annual Cost: $68.62/agent/month
- Everything in Pro, plus:
- Unlimited products
- Manage agent shifts across time zones
- Audit log
- Skill-based routing
- Knowledge base approval workflow
- Flexible knowledge base hierarchy
- IP range restriction
Freshdesk [Pros and Cons]
Pros of Freshdesk
- Ease of Use: Designed to simplify customer support tasks, making issue resolution swift and effective.
- Smart Assistant (Freddy): Offers automated suggestions and task automation to enhance efficiency.
- Excellent Customer Service: Provides reliable support for users encountering challenges.
- Integration Capabilities: Easily connects with various platforms for seamless data exchange and increased productivity.
Cons of Freshdesk
- Setup Complexity: Some users may find the initial setup process to be somewhat complicated and possibly require technical knowledge.
- Feature Availability: Not all features are included in the lower-priced plans, requiring additional investment for access to advanced functionalities.
Freshdesk or Desku: Which one suits the best for your small business?
Are you torn between Freshdesk and Desku for your small business? Let’s break it down for you in simple terms.
Freshdesk and Desku are both top-of-the-line customer support platforms. They operate online, and in the cloud, and each has its unique strengths.
A standout feature of Freshdesk is its solid ticketing system. It helps keep your customer support processes in check, and its automation feature is a real timesaver.
Desku, however, doesn’t offer a free trial, unlike Freshdesk. But where it shines is in its personalized support and strong customer engagement features.
So, if you’re looking for an all-in-one customer support solution, Freshdesk might just be your match. Here’s what you need to think about:
- The free trial from Freshdesk lets you take the software for a spin before committing.
- If building personalized customer relationships is your thing, Desku’s focus on customer engagement might be just what you need.
- Freshdesk’s automation features can make your support processes a breeze.
- Keep your budget in mind when weighing the costs of both platforms.
- The absence of a free trial for Desku could be a sticking point if you like to try before you buy.
Ultimately, deciding between Freshdesk and Desku comes down to what your business needs most and what fits your budget.