Staying afloat in the ever-changing tides of social media isn’t just a game—it’s a battle. Are you equipped to face the top challenges that even 32.2% of experts struggle with?
However, navigating the complex social media landscape comes with its challenges with ever-changing social trends, algorithms, and user expectations, which are sometimes difficult to deal with.
This blog delves into the 5 prominent social media challenges marketers face and explores practical and actionable solutions to overcome them, supported by relevant statistics and real-world examples for real-time reference.
What are social media challenges?
Social media challenges are common for marketers and social media managers who try to strike an effective social media presence.
These challenges are of various kinds such as;
- Poor post engagement and
- Finding relevant posts
- Keeping up with changing social trends and
- Analysing the changing target audiences.
In addition, there are difficulties in strategy formulation to formulate a particular post, ROI measurement, allocation of time and budget, and delegation of activities to several social media managers and helpers within the company.
According to a survey by Planable io, 32.2% of social media experts face challenges with engagement and reaching their target audience in an increasingly competitive environment.
List of Some Common Social Media Challenges…
Here we list out some of the most common social media challenges faced by marketers and social media managers:
- Poor post engagement
- Falling overall engagement and audience interaction rates
- Keeping up with changing social trends and suiting your social media profile to that
- Finding social talent constantly
- Demonstrating the ROI of social media which again, is constantly changing
- Heavy Time management problems
- Creating fresh and meaningful content for each audience with different needs
- Getting executive or client approval all the time seems impossible
- Lack of connection across departments and management gap
- Unrealistic expectations which fail all the time
These are some known problems listed above. But some major and popular social media challenges are brutally affecting the current market.
The top 5 social media challenges faced by companies today that affect content from reaching its potential to be viral are:
1. Low-ranking content in the search icon
One of the most common social media problems faced by marketers all over the world today is low-ranking content in search. This can be due to various reasons, including poor SEO optimization, and low-quality content, and most of the problems here are pretty hard to overcome.
To overcome this problem, many social media marketers can:
- Conduct keyword research and optimize their content for SEO
- Create high-quality, engaging content that provides value to their target audience
- Build backlinks to their content through guest posting, influencer outreach, and social media promotion
Examples:1 For TikTok content, Paperbell mentions how researching Tiktok analytics and focusing on trendy challenges can boost growth.
Example: 2 Similarly for Youtube, taking up big challenges like the extremely dangerous Tide pod challenge where people ingest laundry detergent constantly became viral in 2017. But lack of awareness caused the death of many who took up the challenge.
2. Customers not engaging with the company’s social media
Another common social media problem is a lack of customer engagement and brand interaction on social media. This can be due to a lack of brand awareness, poor customer service, or a lack of engaging content which are educational yet trendy enough to interact with.
Don’t worry, we have a solution to this as well. To overcome this problem, marketers can:
- Increase brand awareness of your products through social media advertising and trusted influencer marketing
- Provide excellent and personalised customer service by responding promptly to customer inquiries and complaints
- Create content and fun challenges that could go viral on social media, content ideas that encourage customers to share and engage with their brand on social media
3. Not reaching the target audience
Reaching the target audience where they resonate with and like the post is crucial for the success of any social media marketing campaign. However, with increasing competition and changing algorithms, especially since the pandemic, it is very challenging to reach the right audience.
To overcome this problem, marketers are recommended to:
- Conduct effective and planned audience research to understand the target audience’s demographics, interests, and behaviour
- Use social media analytics to track social media engagement and make them participate in the challenge whichever you are hosting for your company.
- Utilise social media advertising and many social media challenges to target specific audiences based on your content where it’s easy for them to get hooked and stuck with.
4. Poor time management
Managing multiple social media platforms and then creating fresh content, and again engaging with followers, and also doing problem-solving for your customers can be time-consuming.
This is where poor time management can lead to burnout and a lack of productivity and make one feel like a loser.
To overcome this problem, marketers should:
- Create a social media marketing plan that outlines your goals, target audience, and recurring content strategy
- Use some specific social media management tools to schedule posts, track analytics, and manage different platforms in one place. Eg: Social media inbox tools from Desku.io
- Outsource social media management tasks to a virtual assistant or agency to save a lot of time and yet have fun and engaging content
5. Lack of connection across departments
Social media marketing involves connecting with others not only through social media but across multiple departments within the organisation itself, including marketing, sales, customer service, and product development.
As a business, first focus on establishing a fluid connection across departments else it can lead to a lack of consistency in messaging and a lack of collaboration towards business goals.
To overcome this problem, marketers should:
- Foster a culture of collaboration and communication across departments for different social media platforms
- Use project management tools to keep everyone on the same page and track progress and figure out different ideas
- First focus on establishing aligned company goals and hold regular meetings to discuss social media strategy
Conclusion: Overcome Social Media Challenges in Minutes
The article we have written here is a clear indication of how volatile and untackling social media can get with social media managers.
In 2021, the rules were different with content marketing on social media, and in 2022, the rules were completely different again. Safe to say, in 2023, the rules have changed yet again.
However, one thing is clear – have your eye on what is gaining power gradually over the years like the many challenges that people are indulging in.
Curate content for your organisation with a similar challenge involved for it to spread on social media wildly.
Resolve Social Media Challenges like never before.