Social media has become an essential marketing channel for businesses, and it is crucial to learn social media marketing statistics to gain customers worldwide and widen your reach.
Understanding the latest social media marketing statistics and how social media and its various trends have worked for social media marketers in a business is critical to your marketing success today.
- ‘How important is a social media presence for my business?’
- ‘Does a social media strategy make a difference?’
- ‘Should social media be a part of my digital marketing effort?’
In this blog, we will discuss 10 social media marketing statistics that every marketer should know in 2023 and prove why they should focus their marketing efforts here to get the highest ROI.
Social Media Marketing Statistics To Know,,,
Social media usage statistics
93% of marketers worldwide are using social media for their businesses
Undoubtedly, Social media has become a critical tool for businesses looking to engage with their audiences and drive sales over time.
Almost all marketers today are making use of social media for their businesses, which therefore highlights the importance of incorporating social media and social media content into your marketing strategy.
In 2023, there are estimated to be 4.89 billion total social media users worldwide
I hope this encapsulates the key points you wanted to convey.
The average person bounces between seven different social networks per month
Sticking to one social media app does not bring effective visibility though there are different types of audiences on each platform. It is important to serve the content differently on each possible platform.
Statistics for 2023 have confirmed that the presence of multiple social networks can help engage better with their audience and build gradual brand loyalty.
Reach and Exposure Statistics
55% of consumers learn about new brands on social media
Running out of customers? Want to reach new audiences? Increase social media engagement for your business to grow better, build trust and reach out globally.
Say social media!
If you are starting a new business, it is important to always spread to bring more sales. Social Media is a new search engine. Almost people now, first find out on social media.
Leverage your brand, engage with your audience, and bring out more customers.
68% of marketers say that social media is important for their business.
True that, to keep with the business, being “seen” on social media is important. But how to be top-notch? Well, going on with the trend and adapting it helps to always stay on top-notch.
Statistics of 2023 have confirmed that over 2/3 of marketers have bore evidence to the fact that indeed, social media have been important for their business.
73% of marketers believe that their social media marketing efforts have somewhat been very effective for their business
Why can’t it be true? Where almost the whole world is scrolling social media all day! It leverages marketing tactics and the plus point is that it helps with strong engagement with the audience and sometimes 1:1 interaction.
2023 social media statistics only bear evidence of the increased benefits of social media for businesses looking to monetize their marketing strategy.
Almost 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75% have confirmed that it has increased traffic.
Social media usage for your business not only increases exposure but also increases your website’s traffic, with global billion monthly active users.
With the number of social media users increasing day by day, almost;
- 90% of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business.
- 75% say they’ve seen increased traffic which ultimately highlights the importance of having a strong social platform
Ad spending on social media is projected to reach over $268 billion in 2023
Ads on social media have become a critical tool for businesses to reach their intended audience with a total of billion social media users worldwide.
The latest social media statistics estimated ad spending on social media to reach over $268 billion by the end of 2023, highlighting the importance of social media which can turn to social media marketing strategy effectively.
44% of local businesses say they depend on social media to generate brand awareness, and 41% depend on it to drive revenue
Almost 50% of businesses depend on the potential of social media and utilize social media management tools for;
- Brand awareness and drive steady revenue
- Highlighting the importance of incorporating the brand’s social media into your marketing strategy.
Total social media ad spending worth $130.5 billion is estimated to be generated through mobile phones alone, by 2027
We always say mobile optimisation is key, and now it’s proved that we’re right!
In the coming years, mobile social media ad spending is going to increase manyfold.
Trust and Customer Statistics
Half of Millennials trust influencers’ product recommendations
Here’s an important statistic you need to know – Influencer marketing as a part of social media platforms’ marketing strategies has become increasingly popular in recent years, and it’s no surprise that it has become a new social media tool for businesses to drive enormous sales.
Because half of today’s social users trust influencers’ product recommendations, highlighting the importance of incorporating influencer marketing as part of your important social media marketing strategy.
In the US, over 40%-60% of the total social media users look for customer support through social media
How trustworthy has social media become for businesses – this is the proof!
More than 50% of the customers present on social media are looking for customer help and support from brands on social media itself, so, not leveraging the power of social media would be sheer foolishness.
Social Media Platform Usage Statistics
Various social media platforms are available for marketers who are looking to ace their marketing game.
Here, we talk about the top social media platforms and their statistics relevant for marketers today to study the market better:
- Most used marketer platform
- In the quarter half of 2022, Facebook was the largest social online network
- A total of about 70% of American adults use Facebook
- Brands are struggling to grow Instagram followers considering the number of new people who are joining the platform every day
- Instagram offers marketers the highest ROI as a platform that sells the best compared to all others
- People take 30% of their entire Instagram time scrolling Instagram reels
- Spread across 200 countries, LinkedIn boasts a whopping 900 million users
- About 200 million LinkedIn users are from the US where it is used for job hunting as well as creating content
- LinkedIn boasts a total of 63 million companies
- A total of 450 million people use Pinterest daily
- People who spend their time on Pinterest spend twice as much money as compared to people on other social media platforms
- 45% of users on Pinterest have a household income of over $100k.
- Tiktok boasts a whopping 1 billion users all over the world according to Sprout Social
- About 79% of users on Tiktok are only looking for entertaining content
- Tiktok is the most frequented platform and the most used app worldwide
- Youtube shorts get 30 billion views per day
- 90% of the visits to Youtube come from mobile phones
- The platform’s active users have decreased over the last years
Recommended Article:Social Media Challenges: 5 Major Problems and Their Solutions
Leverage The Power of Social Media Marketing Statistics
From the above all types of statistics, it might have gotten clear how effective social media is for marketing purposes. It is important to always be present on multiple platforms for attracting different kinds of audiences. Half of the social media challenges will be resolved if we have a better engagement and conversion rate.
Social media is a very profitable platform if used correctly.
Go, conquer the world!