Today, with the emerging IT world, demand for IT helpdesk applications is also increasing. And that’s why you would find innumerable helpdesk applications in the market. So, getting confused between so many help desk applications is an obvious thing.
But don’t worry. We have brought two help desk applications that will help you perfectly in your customer support management process. Those two applications are – Spiceworks and Zendesk.
So, let’s get deeper into these two support systems to know which would be a better option for your business. So, are you all ready? Let’s dive deep.
Spiceworks vs Zendesk: A Brief Comparison
Although Spiceworks and Zendesk are customer support platforms, they both work in different ways. Spiceworks is an IT help desk whose complete focus lies on the customer support management process.
Now, what makes Spiceworks stand apart from other apps are its IT community, network monitoring, and inventory management system. Moreover, being cost-efficient, it becomes perfectly convenient for small businesses.
Now, if we talk about Zendesk, it is a versatile help desk solution that fits perfectly for any kind of business, whether IT or non-IT. And, because of its versatility, it is somewhat costly, which works best for big businesses. It does better than its alternatives in many departments.
Through this app, you will get to enjoy some amazing features like multi-channel communication, workflow automation, and a knowledge base corner. And the best part is its easy-to-use interface.
So, whether Spiceworks or Zendesk, whatever you choose, will totally depend on your preferences and budget.
Spiceworks: IT-Centric Support Unleashed
The operation of the IT help desk is somewhat different. And that’s why, when it comes to IT customer solutions, there is no better option than Spiceworks. Now, how is Spiceworks so favorite among the IT professionals? Well, it’s totally because Spiceworks has everything in store that any IT customer support platform should have.
Its 3 components make it strong and unique in every way, and they are a strong IT community, inventory management, and networking monitoring. So, you can see how Spiceworks is spicing up the IT customer management.
Zendesk: The Pinnacle of Customer Support Excellence
When it comes to versatility, no one can beat Zendesk support except Desku, and upto some extant, Intercom. Through its variety of in-built customer solutions, Zendesk has been ruling the marketplace for many ages. What does Zendesk not have? If you want to segmentize the customer queries, its ticketing system will do it thoroughly.
Through its knowledge base corner, you will get to create informative guides. Besides this, its multi-channel communication and workflow automation are no more than magical wonders. And do you know what’s the sweet part? Its App Marketplace feature allows you seamless integrations with third-party applications. That’s why Zendesk is preferred in big businesses. However, if you focus more on your budget, then it’s worth checking comparison of Zendesk against Hubspot, and Front, as they are slightly better for small businesses.
Desku: Redefining Customer Support as a Viable Alternative
We’re discussing the Zendesk suite vs Spiceworks comparison in 2023, a third brand emerges as a better help desk software than both, something with which you can make your asset management very easy. Desku is an innovative platform that changes the way customer support services are viewed in the ever-evolving business environment. Rather unlike leading players, Desku offers not simply an inexpensive help desk but a system that consists of a lot of modules and is very functional.
Among various key features, UI is something that has hardly ever faced any complaints. Desku’s interface can be described as straightforward and easy to use. Users with different degrees of proficiency can freely navigate through their customer inquiries and enjoy this service.
Desku stands out in this regard because it seeks to achieve affordability while not sacrificing functionally. Although some of the platforms have complicated pricing plans, Desku charges in a way that is affordable for small businesses and even young entrepreneurs.
Desku’s strategy mainly rests on automation. It reduces the support process through automated rules for message escalation and a multi-chat messaging system that integrates communication. A team-oriented customer support strategy is encouraged by the platform’s collaborative characteristics, like a joint capability for dealing with emails and labeling systems.
The integration capability of Desku goes beyond its functionality. Despite having a relatively small market space, it is easy to connect with other top-rated CRM tools such as Salesforce and HubSpot. Support interactions help customize analytics reports so that a business can take action based on such meaningful insights.
On its own, Desku is a noble contender for the grand narrative of customer support choices, with its blend of affordability, usability, and automation. In this regard, Desku is geared towards reshaping customer support as it will no longer come at a high cost but rather with quality functionality.
Spiceworks Vs Zendesk: Core Similarities
Although Spiceworks and Zendesk have different operation paths, they have some similarities. So, allow us to share those similarities with you all:
- User-Friendly Interfaces: The interfaces in both applications are very easy to access and understand. So, it doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or an experienced user; there wouldn’t be any issues in accessing either of the apps.
- Community Collaboration: Community forums are good relationship builders and problem solvers. And the best part is you will see the community forums in both Zendesk and Spiceworks. Spiceworks will have a community forum for IT professionals, while Zendesk will render a community forum for all of its users regardless of their profession.
- Integration Capabilities: Third-party app integrations matter a lot for any help desk application. And the good news is both of these applications are integration-friendly.
- Ticketing Systems: Ticketing systems help in segmenting customer queries and taking action accordingly. For this reason, both Zendesk and Spiceworks provide ticketing systems.
- Focus on Support: Although both Spiceworks and Zendesk offer different functionalities in different work areas, their ultimate focus lies in providing good customer support management solutions to their users. So, whether you choose Zendesk or Spiceworks, you won’t find any issues managing customer relations.
- Affordability for Small Businesses: No matter how good and helpful any application is, its pricing is the major concern for any business. But, in the case of Zendesk and Spiceworks, the budget will not be an issue as both are highly affordable. For small businesses. However, Desku still dominates over both in this department.
Zendesk Pros and cons:
- Comprehensive Ticketing System: Through its ticketing system, Zendesk allows you to segment customer queries and take action accordingly to resolve them.
- Omnichannel Support: It’s obvious that different customers will prefer different communication mediums. And, through Zendesk, it becomes very easy due to its multi-channel communication.
- Extensive Customization: Through its customization features, Zendesk allows you to adjust it as per your business needs.
- Knowledge Base Management: Its knowledge base corner allows you to create user-friendly informative guides for your customer guidance. So, overall, it reduces the dependency of the customers on the support teams.
- Automation Capabilities: Through its workflow automation feature, Zendesk opens a way for you to automate some help desk tasks based on user action.
- App Marketplace: Its App Marketplace feature opens an ocean of third-party applications to which you can integrate Zendesk with ease.
- Cost for Larger Teams: If we talk about its pricing, then Zendesk can become a bit costly for the large teams. Because its pricing is decided on the basis of the number of people in the team. So, the larger the team, the more costly it will be.
- Learning Curve: Zendesk is a bit complicated to understand, especially if you are totally new to it. So, it will surely take up your ample amount of time to learn it.
- Limited Reporting in Lower Tiers: The reporting feature works according to the pricing plan. If you are a lower-tier user, you will get to use the basic reporting feature. While for advanced reporting, you will have to opt for high-tier plans.
- Email Ticket Handling: Customizing its email ticket system is a bit challenging, as per the customer feedback.
- Integration Complexity: Although Zendek is open to third-party integrations, organizing and setting up those integrations is quite difficult.
- Service Outages: Many of its users have complained about its service outages. Such service outages would bring accessibility issues. So, it becomes challenging for businesses solely dependent on Zendesk for their customer support management.
Spiceworks Pros and Cons:
- IT-Centric Approach: Spiceworks is designed to keep the IT support needs at its center. That’s why it offers a complete set of IT-centric features.
- Community Collaboration: One of the best things about Spiceworks is it includes a community forum for IT professionals. So, it becomes a good spot for the IT people to share valuable insights.
- Comprehensive Suite of Tools: We can consider Spiceworks a huge ocean of IT tools like inventory management, ticketing systems, and network management. And that’s the reason why Spiceworks is a favorite among IT professionals.
- Affordable Pricing: Smaller businesses always choose Spiceworks over other apps. And the only reason for it is its highly affordable pricing.
- User-Friendly Interface: Spiceworks’ interface is very easy to access. So, any IT person from a beginner to an experienced level can easily access it.
- Unified Dashboard: Spiceworks’ unified dashboard can be considered a hub of various IT support tasks. So, it proves to be very useful for IT professionals.
- Learning Curve for Non-IT Users: As Spiceworks is solely designed for IT people, it is obvious that non-IT people will surely find it challenging to use it.
- Limited Enterprise Features: The features in Spiceworks are limited. So, big businesses with a large number of requirements would not be fully satisfied with it.
- Limited Customization: Unlike Zendesk, Spiceworks does not have wide user customization opportunities. So, people wouldn’t be able to enjoy the customization features to the fullest through Spiceworks.
- Dependency on Community Support: Being designated for IT workflows, Spiceworks’ community forum wouldn’t be very helpful for people belonging to other fields.
- Integration Challenges: One of the biggest disadvantages is that Spiceworks doesn’t easily integrate with all third-party apps. So, businesses relying on numerous third-party apps would face fuss.
- Focus on IT Professionals: Spiceworks always follows an IT-centric approach. So, businesses working in niches different from IT wouldn’t be able to relish this support application in a perfect way.
After understanding both the negatives and positives of these platforms, we hope the decision-making will be easier for you now. However, if you seek more advantages while containing almost no cons, we suggest you look through the amazing features and functionalities that Desku provides.
Also read: How to cancel zendesk subscription
Spiceworks vs. Zendesk: Head-to-Head Comparison
Customization and Interface
There is no doubt that both Zendesk and Spiceworks are enriched with IT customer support services. But, both applications stand apart from each other in their customization and user interface.
Firstly, Spiceworks is solely designed for IT customer support. Its interface is very easy to access and understandable for IT professionals. Plus, it is not falling back in terms of providing customization features. It allows numerous customizations in its system through its features like network and inventory management, ticketing system, and more. But, it will solely work well for the IT field. So, non-IT professionals would find it a bit challenging to operate it.
Going through Zendesk, you would know that it is not meant for any single work area. Businesses from any field besides IT can benefit from its enormous tool collection.
Moreover, they can even customize it as per their business requirements. So, we can say Zendesk is actually giving wide customization opportunities in all business niches. Also, its interface is user-friendly for both IT and non-IT people.
Both Spiceworks and Zendesk have different ticketing systems. Spiceworks’ ticketing system offers customization features where businesses can store specific information related to customer support processes. Besides this, it also allows automation, where certain tasks like ticket assignments can be automated. And its user portal is the perfect way to track the entire ticket assignment process with ease.
Now, Zendesk has a robust ticketing system that is very easy to access and understand. This ticketing system will not leave any area uncovered. So, from creating tickets to their submission, Zendesk’s ticketing system will have your back in every single process. Moreover, its analytics and reporting section becomes pretty helpful in tracking your ticket assignment process.
Self-Service Knowledge Base
When it comes to the knowledge base corner, you would find it in both Spiceworks and Zendesk, but it would operate differently in both of them.
The knowledge base corner in Spiceworks is very interesting and organized. Thinking about it? Well, Spiceworks’ knowledge base corner also allows you to create informative guides for your customers. Here, you can enhance your knowledge base content by adding various images and videos to it. So, your informative guides will become really insightful for your customers in resolving their issues on the go.
Now, Zendesk’s knowledge base corner provides you with a way of organizing all your created articles in the perfect way. Also, if you are not comfortable with its interface, you can adjust it as per your needs through its high-end customization features.
And do you know what’s the best part about it? It’s an AI-powered search bot that will enhance your search experience in a smarter way. Above all, in terms of integration, Zendesk is the master of all applications. So, its knowledge base corner also gets integrated with the customer support process with ease.
Which knowledge base corner will be perfect for you? We’re sure this will be your ultimate question. And, in our opinion, it solely depends on your business needs.
Business Size and Pricing
We all know that both Spiceworks and Zendesk are meant for different business sizes. Spiceworks will work best for small businesses, while Zendesk will become the perfect choice for big businesses. But why is it so? Well, it’s mainly because both the help desk solutions have different pricing models.
If we consider Spiceworks’ pricing model, we will get to know that it is the more attractive one, especially for small and medium-size businesses. Thinking how? Well, let us tell you. Spiceworks is providing a free version of it where you will have to deal with the ads. That’s it.
Now, you might think that being a free version, it would steal some of its main features. But don’t bother, as you will get to enjoy all its features for free. And, if you get irritated with the ads, then you can opt for the Spiceworks paid version, which would be totally free from ads. You can check Spiceworks’ live pricing here.
On the contrary, when it comes to the Zendesk pricing model, it is highly flexible. Yes, it gets adjusted as per your business needs. And you can enhance it in the future as your business requirements grow. Sounds interesting, right? This is the only reason why the Zendesk pricing plan is loved by businesses of all sizes, especially the larger ones. You can check Zendesk’s live pricing here.
Now, you might have got to know how both the customer support software are fitting different size businesses as per their pricing models, and how customizable they are.
Spiceworks Vs Zendesk comparison: Conclusion
Now, when it comes to IT help desk solutions, neither Zendesk nor Spiceworks is less nor more. Both are equal. However, overall, Zendesk is undoubtedly a larger package. The only thing you need to consider while choosing out of the two is your business needs and your budget.
And, if you are willing to invest in a help desk solution that is a complete package of IT and non-IT solutions, then Desku can become your partner. It has a better customer satisfaction rate, and better user reviews. Start your free trial now.